Last Sunday, when the Appersons left, I started feeling a little "off". At first, I thought maybe I was just tired from the fun weekend, but it soon became apparent that I had managed to pick up a little bug of some sort. Naturally, the timing for this couldn't have been much worse -- Hill was leaving on Monday for Spring Training in Orlando for a few days, AND that following weekend was when the girls in my neighborhood and I were heading up to Highlands, NC for our much anticipated "girls trip". On Monday, I woke up and felt worse than ever, so we put a call in for some back-up to help while Hill was away -- my mom arrived from Winston-Salem that evening. And, our super-sweet neighbor, Heather, came over to watch Charlie when Hill left for the airport until my mom arrived. Thank goodness we have such wonderful people in our lives who are so willing to lend a hand! I had hoped that Charlie hadn't been exposed to what was making me sick (it turned out to be an upper respiratory infection), but we hadn't been that lucky. He did end up with a touch of it, but it really hasn't seemed to bother him much at all -- it has mostly been just a runny/stuffy nose for him, which we've been able to keep under control with saline spray & the bulb aspirator, as well as a vaporizer in his room at night.
On Wednesday, Mom & I took Charlie to the doctor for his 4-month visit. He had to get 4 shots and one oral vaccine, but he took it all in stride. He's such a trooper! He had little bruises at the injection sites, so I know it had to hurt. We gave him some Tylenol to help with that, as well as to hopefully help alleviate any discomfort he may be have been having because of his cold. The doctor said he's doing great and will soon start on some rice cereal, then some baby food. He currently weighs about 14.5 pounds, so he's growing fast! Of course, I already knew that because of how quickly he's been growing out of his clothes. Ha! Ha!
Hill came home from his trip to Florida on Thursday evening and got to benefit from Mom's good cooking & TLC before she headed back home on Friday afternoon. I slowly, but surely, started feeling better throughout the week and decided to move forward with the plans for the weekend. The neighborhood girls and I headed to Highlands on Friday afternoon and made it to the mountains before dark. Debbie had made a lasagna for us to put in the oven upon our arrival, so within a little while, we had a nice, hot dinner ready. We all had such a good time relaxing, chatting, playing games, and of course eating! On Saturday, we had lunch at the old pharmacy counter and walked around, taking in the sights of the town. That evening in Atlanta, all of the boys - including little Charlie - got together for dinner and some poker at the Mangases house. Meanwhile, the girls and I were curled up by the fire with a glass of wine and copies of Us Weekly, People, InTouch, OK Magazine, etc. so we're all totally "up" on all of the celebrity gossip. We woke up on Sunday to beautiful snow covered grounds, which we loved looking at as we drank coffee and ate a delicious breakfast casserole that Eileen put together. Then, we got everything - including ourselves - cleaned up and headed back down the mountain. We had a wonderful time, and hopefully we'll be able to do it again next year. And, Hill had a fabulous time bonding with his little boy all weekend.
On Wednesday, Mom & I took Charlie to the doctor for his 4-month visit. He had to get 4 shots and one oral vaccine, but he took it all in stride. He's such a trooper! He had little bruises at the injection sites, so I know it had to hurt. We gave him some Tylenol to help with that, as well as to hopefully help alleviate any discomfort he may be have been having because of his cold. The doctor said he's doing great and will soon start on some rice cereal, then some baby food. He currently weighs about 14.5 pounds, so he's growing fast! Of course, I already knew that because of how quickly he's been growing out of his clothes. Ha! Ha!
Hill came home from his trip to Florida on Thursday evening and got to benefit from Mom's good cooking & TLC before she headed back home on Friday afternoon. I slowly, but surely, started feeling better throughout the week and decided to move forward with the plans for the weekend. The neighborhood girls and I headed to Highlands on Friday afternoon and made it to the mountains before dark. Debbie had made a lasagna for us to put in the oven upon our arrival, so within a little while, we had a nice, hot dinner ready. We all had such a good time relaxing, chatting, playing games, and of course eating! On Saturday, we had lunch at the old pharmacy counter and walked around, taking in the sights of the town. That evening in Atlanta, all of the boys - including little Charlie - got together for dinner and some poker at the Mangases house. Meanwhile, the girls and I were curled up by the fire with a glass of wine and copies of Us Weekly, People, InTouch, OK Magazine, etc. so we're all totally "up" on all of the celebrity gossip. We woke up on Sunday to beautiful snow covered grounds, which we loved looking at as we drank coffee and ate a delicious breakfast casserole that Eileen put together. Then, we got everything - including ourselves - cleaned up and headed back down the mountain. We had a wonderful time, and hopefully we'll be able to do it again next year. And, Hill had a fabulous time bonding with his little boy all weekend.
Anna, Jodi, Heather, Debbie, Stacey & Eileen (taken by using the self-timer on the camera)
Of course, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Charlie as soon as I got back home. Silly as it may sound, I think he might have grown a little bit while I was away! Both of us still have some lingering symptoms that I'm trying to nurse, but I think we're both well on our way to feeling all better. We're just taking it easy this week -- playing, reading books, and I'm hopefully going to (finally) get Charlie's birth announcements out in the mail.
Hope everyone enjoys this last week of February!

No comments:
Post a Comment