The Scott Family

The Scott Family
In SanDestin, Florida -- August 6th, 2010

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Scotts Stay On The Go . . .


The past couple of weeks have just flown by! And, that can only mean one thing -- we've been keeping incredibly busy. Since my last posting, Charlie has developed a taste for rice cereal, as well as sweet potatoes and carrots, he has rolled over for the first time, he has attended his first St. Patrick's Day block party, he & I attended another funeral, and we all enjoyed a fun weekend in the mountains with our friends (& neighbors) Ellery & Heather Mangas and Alan & Sally Hearn.
In my last posting, I wrote about Charlie's first experience with rice cereal, and how I wasn't sure he was too keen on that new item on his menu. Naturally, we kept trying each morning and he quickly caught on and began enjoying his meal. We continued this routine for a couple of weeks before introducing vegetables, starting out with sweet potatoes. Since this is one of my personal favorites, I was sure Charlie would like it, too. I was right! He gobbled it right up. We stuck with the rice cereal and sweet potatoes for a few days before introducing carrots. He LOVES the carrots. He's just like a little baby bird -- as soon as the spoon leaves his mouth, he opens up, wanting more. It's SO cute!



Yum . . . sweet potatoes are delicious!

Charlie Scott is a big fan of the vegetables.


The week before last, I had the opportunity to pick up one of my old hobbies again when I attended a scrapbooking workshop with my neighbor (& friend) Katie. I hadn't done any scrapbooking in a few years, and it took me a while to get organized and back into the swing of things. I decided to start working on Charlie's book, and in looking at the pictures I have of him, I was amazed at how much he has changed and grown already! While I was gone, Charlie spent the day with his daddy, and I think they had a really good time.

My two favorite fellas!

What a cute little Braves fan!

St. Patrick's Day was lots of fun for us. We walked down to our "town square" with several neighbors and enjoyed a "block party," which was in full swing. The weather was perfect, and we had such a good time chatting with friends, listening to the band, having a beer and some pizza (I know -- it's not your typical Irish fare, but they weren't serving corned beef & cabbage). Charlie got lots of attention from everyone, and seemed to really enjoy himself.



With their strawberry-blonde hair, these two look pretty Irish!



Jane, Tiffany, Mickie, Stacey, Eileen, Heather, Anna, Charlie & Mary

Last week, Hill's "Uncle" Joe passed away after having been ill for a short time. On Wednesday afternoon, Charlie and I made the drive to Charlotte so that we could attend the funeral services with family. My mother-in-law (a.k.a. Peach Pie) flew in from California, and my sister-in-law, Lacy, flew in from Memphis. It was wonderful seeing so many family members, though I hate it was due to such sad circumstances. The service was beautiful, and we all agree that Uncle Joe is now at peace. On Thursday afternoon, Peach Pie rode back to Atlanta with Charlie and me. Then, she was off to Memphis on Friday so that she could spend some time with Margaret and Jack, too.


Lacy, Caroline, Marcy, Peach Pie, Stacey & Amy



Charlie checks to see if Will's fingers taste as good as his own do.


On Friday, Charlie and I drove to Highlands for a weekend in the mountains. Hill, Cowboy and Ruby arrived on Saturday morning. Soon, Heather & Ellery Mangas joined us, followed by Sally & Alan Hearn. We all had a great time relaxing by a big fire that the guys built in the outdoor fireplace. And, they cooked up a fabulous meal for us as well. On Sunday, it was warm enough for us to get out and take a little hike in the mountains. Charlie and I bid everyone a fond farewell on Sunday evening, then relaxed until Monday when we made our way home. We're already looking forward to our next trip there, which I know will be soon. Hill's dad arrived there yesterday, and his mom will be heading there in the next few days. It will be great to have them back on this side of the country again.



Mommy & Charlie get cozy by the fire.


Alan & Sally


Heather & Ellery

Hill gets a shot of Stacey, Charlie, Ellery, Heather, Sally & Alan out on the deck.




Everyone enjoyed the mountain hike -- especially our four-legged friends!

Yesterday evening, after Charlie and I returned from the mountains, I put Charlie down for a nap. Hill and I could hear him chattering away on the monitor, and it became pretty obvious that he was not going to take a nap after all. So, Hill went to get him and discovered that he had rolled himself over! No wonder he wasn't interested in a nap -- he was too excited to sleep! He had rolled himself over for the first time! What a big boy!

That's our last couple of weeks in a nutshell. It's been great spending time with family and friends, and we're looking forward to more fun times like that in the coming weeks. In the meantime, it looks like we're going to have some rainy weather over the next several days, which will surely make everything pretty and green outside. We can't wait to get out there and enjoy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment